Combination of Egg and Cauliflower results in a delicious thoran.
- Finely chopped Cauliflower- 1 cup
- Onion(finely Chopped)- 1 nos
- Green Chilly(roundly cut) - 3
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Grated Coconut-¼ cup
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Red Chilly-2 nos
- Egg - 3 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Cook Cauliflower in little water, Turmeric powder and Salt.
- Beat the Eggs and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan and allow Mustard seeds and Red chilly to splutter.
- Add Chopped Onion and Green Chilly and saute well.
- When Onion turns transparent, add the beaten egg, grated Coconut and salt and stir continuously.
- Add Cooked Cauliflower along with Curry leaves and saute well.
- When the thoran becomes dry, remove from fire.
Recommended Combination: Serve with Rice / Chappathi / Dosa.