This is a simple and easy to make rice recipe that is nutritious as well as tasty.
- Cooked basmati rice - 2 cup
- Chopped onion - 1 small
- Capsicum / Bell pepper (chopped) - 2 nos
- Peanut - 3 tsp
- Cumin seed - ½ tsp
- Urad daal - 1 tsp
- Chana daal (optional) - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
- Red chilly - 1 no
- Fennel seed - ½ tsp
- Black pepper - ½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinch
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nut - 1 tsp
- Mustard seed - 1 tsp
- Red chilly - 2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast 2 tsp peanut, cumin seed, red chilly, coriander seed, urad daal, chana daal, fennel seed, black pepper, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients together.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilly, let it splutter.
- Add 1 tsp peanut and cashew nut into it and fry them.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped bell pepper, turmeric powder and salt into it and saute for a minute.
- Add cooked rice, ground masala and salt into it and mix well.
- Cook for a minute, turn off the stove and serve it.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with raita.