Sweet Chutney and Green Chutney are used in chaat.
Sweet Chutney / Tamarind Chutney
- Tamarind - 1 lemon size
- Jaggery - ¼ cup
- Raisin - 1 handful or Dates - 8 nos
- Cumin seed powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Chat masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dissolve jaggery in water to make it into a syrup, filter it and keep it aside.
- Take some water in another bowl, soak tamarind and raisin or dates in it for few minutes.
- Once soaked, grind it smoothly with water (same water used to soak) and filter.
- Add jaggery syrup, chilli powder, cumin seed powder, chat masala and salt into tamarind syrup.
- Boil the the syrup till it becomes thick.
- Cool it and serve with chat.
- Chopped mint leaves - 1 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves - ½ cup
- Chopped ginger - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Chat masala - ½ tsp
- Green chilli - 2 nos
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, cumin seeds and green chili with water to make a smooth paste.
- Add chat masala and salt into the paste and mix.
- Add lemon juice into it and mix well.
- Now the Green chutney is ready to serve with chat.
Recommended Combination: Serve with chaat / samosa