Mackerel is a rich, oily fish, and as such is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and other serious illnesses. Mackerel is an abundant source of vitamin.
Kerala Mackerel Curry is a hot and Spicy Curry cooked with kudampuli.
- Mackrel – 500gm or 1 lb
- Sliced Shallots – 8 nos
- Green Chilly(Slit) -4 nos
- Chopped Ginger - ½ tsp
- Chopped Garlic - ½ tsp
- Kudam Puli(Kukum star)-4nos
- Corriander powder – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder -a pinch
- Water -¼ cup
- Coconut Oil – 3 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add Shallots/ Onions, Chilly, Chopped Ginger- Garlic and saute until the Onion turns transparent.
- Add Chilly Powder and Corriander Powder into it and stir well till the raw smell goes.
- Add Water,Salt,Kudam Pui and Turmeric Powder and allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- When the Gravy gets thick add the fish .
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from fire.
- Sprinkle Fenugreek powder and add Curry leaves and remaining Coconut Oil.
If you omit or minimise the amount of coriander powder you can keep this curry about 3days without refrigerating!!!!! Believe me....it tastes best from the 2nd day onwards...ReplyDelete
Curry kanditu vayyil vellam vanu... looks yummy!ReplyDelete