Okra / Ladies Finger is an ideal vegetable for weight loss.The fiber of okra has many superior qualities in maintaining the health of the gastro-intestinal tract.
Vendakka Thoran / Okra Stir Fry is a delicious thoran which can be served with rice.
- Chopped Vendakka/ Ladies Finger / Okra- 1 cup
- Green Chilly (slit) - 2 nos
- Chopped Onion - 2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - ¼ cup
- Curry leaves - 1 stem
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red Chilly- 2 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard seeds and Red Chilli and let it splutter.
- Add Chopped Onion and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped Okra and Green Chilli and saute it.
- Add Salt and Turmeric powder to it.
- Stir well and slow down the flame and let it cook.
- When Okra is cooked well add grated coconut and curry leaves.
- Stir for 2 minutes and remove from fire.
never added coconut with okra, looks very delicious..ReplyDelete
Please be a part of the Just "4" Fun event.
delicious stir fryReplyDelete
Looks yum. Nice fry, love those colorsReplyDelete
i just love okra in any form..loved the picReplyDelete
Delicious and healthy stir fry..yumReplyDelete