Mulakushyam is a simple curry made with parippu and winter melon or pumpkin.
A time saver recepie with a distinct taste.
- Toor dal-3 tbsp
- Winter melon- ½ cup
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder - ¼ tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cook Toor Daal in water in a pressure cooker for 3 -4 whistle.
- Mash Toor Daal well with a spoon.
- Add Winter melon into it.
- Cook winter melon with turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and water along with the mashed Toor Daal.
- When it cooks well, add coconut oil and curry leaves.