Cocunut Rice, a popular Tamil dish is prepared by mixing grated coconut with rice and seasoned with nuts and other ingredients like chillies, curry leaves, mustard seeds etc.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Chopped Green chillies - 1 tsp
- Cashew nut -1 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Urad Dal- 1 tsp
- Channa Dal - 1tsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Red chilly-2 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cook rice and allow it to cool.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard seeds and Red chilly and let it splutter.
- Add Urad dal and Channa Dal and fry it.
- Once Urad dal becomes golden colour add Cashew nut, Asafoetida, Green Chilly, Ginger and Curry leaves into the oil.
- Add grated Coconut and roast it for 2 -3 mins.
- Add Salt and cooked rice and mix well.