Cabbage Daal curry is a delicious and easy to make dish. Combination of daal and vegetable makes this curry nutritious.
- Toor daal - 2 tbsp
- Chopped onion - ½ cup
- Chopped cabbgae - 1 cup
- Green chilly - 2 nos
- Tomato - 1 no
- Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
- Grated coconut -½ cup
- Garlic -1 nos
- Cumin seed -¼ tsp
- Coconut Oil- 1tbsp
- Curry leaves-a few
- Salt to taste
- Cook toor dal with water, chopped onion, green chilly and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistle.
- Add chopped cabbage and tomato along with salt and let it cook.
- Grind coconut, garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked dal and vegetables and let it boil.
- When it starts boil, turn off the stove and add coconut oil and curry leaves.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice / Chappathi / Dosa / Poori