Sooji or Cracked wheat Upma is yet another delicious and healthy recipe.
The preparation method is simple and easy to follow.
- Sooji / Cracked wheat - 1 cups
- Onion - ¼ cup
- Grated Cocount - ½ cup
- Green Chillies - 3-4 nos
- Red Chillies- 2 nos
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Chopped carrot, beans, grean peas - ½ cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Channa Daal - 1 tbsp
- Urad Daal - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in the pan .
- Add mustard seeds, red chillies and wait for them to sputter.
- Add channa daal, urad daal and fry it.
- Add green chilies, curry leaves, ginger and onion and fry till translucent.
- Add vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add salt,water and grated coconut and let it come to boil .
- Wash sooji and add to it.
- Stir well and low the flame .
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook.
- Turn off the stove when the sooji is cooked well and water is dried up.