- Oats - 2 cup
- Grated Coconut - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Water - as required to make the powder wet.
- Blend oats in a mixer to make it powder.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the powder, stir continuously and roast lightly for 5 minutes.
- Allow the powder to cool.
- Sprinkle water in to flour little at a time and mix the flour.
- Repeat sprinkling water till the flour is wet.
- Blend the flour mix in a blender for a minute so that the flour mix becomes soft.
- Place a pot shapped utensil or a pressure cooker on the stove.
- Fill half the utensil with water and boil the water.
- Place a puttu maker on the top of the utensil.
- Now its time to put the flour mixture into the puttu maker.
- Put a spoon full of grated coconut first, then fill the flour mixture till the half of the maker.
- Again a spoonful of coconut on it then fill it up with the flour mix .
- Finally put a layer of coconut on the top of it.
- Steam in a vessel for 5-6 minutes and serve hot.
Recommended Combination: Oats Puttu can be served hot with Kadala curry / Payar Curry / Pappadam