Masala Dosa is prepared by embedding masala within the roasted Dosa.
- RawRice -1 ½ cups
- Urad Daal - ½ cup
- Water - as required
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Potato - 3 nos
- Sliced Onion(length wise)- 1 nos
- Slit Green chillies - 2 nos
- Chopped Ginger- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Black gram(Uzhunnuparippu) - ½ tsp
- Bengal gram(Kadalaparippu) - ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Red chillies- 2 - 3 nos
- Curry leaves - A few
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Water- ¼ cup
- Salt - as required
For Dosa Batter
- Soak rice and Urad daal separately for 5 hours.
- Grind rice and daal separately with water very finely.
- Mix together rice, dal and salt.
- Add water and stir well to form a loose batter.
- Keep it overnight to ferment.
- Boil potatoes ,Peel skin and mash them and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Put Mustrard seeds and red chillies and allow to Splutter
- Fry black gram, Bengal gram, curry leaves,.
- Add sliced onion, Chopped Ginger and green chillies and saute well till it turns transparent.
- Add Water,Salt,Turmeric powder and let it boil.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Cook it for a few mins until the water dries up.
- Pour one spoon full of batter on a frying pan as thin as possible.
- Pour 2 tsp Ghee on it.
- When one side is golden brown, add Potato mix inside Dosa and roll.
Post a Comment