Sundal is a quick and easy south Indian snack very commonly served in Tamilnadu. This easy to make dish can be made out of cooked dried beans. We can use dried Chickpeas/Chana, Green beans/Moong daal or any dried beans for this preparation.
- Kadala (Chickpeas) - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - ¼ cup
- Gingely oil - 1 tsp
- Urad daal - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing - a pinch
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly -2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves - a few
- Soak kadala in water for 6 hours .
- Cook soaked kadala, salt and water in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistle.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and red chilly and let it splutter.
- Add urad dal and fry it.
- Once urad dal becomes golden colour add asafoetida, and curry leaves into the hot oil.
- Add cooked chana / kadala into it and mix.
- Add grated coconut and roast it for 2 -3 minutes.
- Remove from fire and serve.