Wheat Ottada can be served during breakfast or at snack time.
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Grated coconut - 1cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water - As required
- Banana Leaves
- Mix the Grated Coconut and sugar for filling.
- Add Water and Salt to Wheat flour and make a dough.
- Make the dough into small balls.
- Flatten the dough on a rectangular banana leaf using finger tips and little water.
- Put a some coconut mix and spread it in one half of the ada.
- Fold the banana leaf in half.
- Heat a Pan / Thava / Chatti.
- Put each ada in it and sprinkle some water.
- Cover it with a pan and cook in medium heat.
- Roast the ottada on both sides till the banana leaf turns brown and the ada detaches from the leaf.