Aval Varattiyathu is a delicious snack in kerala.
The main ingredients are Aval,Grated coconut and jaggery.
- Aval or rice flakes - 1 cups
- Jaggery - 1 cups
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Nicely Sliced Coconut -3 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- Kadala parippu - 2 tbsp
- Cashewnut - 10 nos
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves -3 leaves
- Heat a pan and lightly fry Grated coconut.
- Dissolve jaggery in 2 cups water.
- Bring this syrup to boil in a vessel, stirring constantly till one-thread consistency is reached.
- Remove from fire .
- Add Aval and fried grated coconut and mix well.
- Heat Ghee in a pan.
- Put Sliced Coconut, Sesame seeds, Kadala parippu, Cashewnut and Curry leaves and fry it.
- Add the fried ingredients along with cardamom powder and mix well.