Vanpayar Thoran / Red Bean Thoran is a delicious dry dish rich in protein often served with rice or kanji.
- Red Beans/ Van payar - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 3/4 cup
- Cumin seeds- pinch
- Garlic pods - 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - ½ tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - A few
- Salt to taste
- Cook Beans / Vanpayar in a Pressure cooker with Turmeric Powder and Water for 3 -4 whistle.
- Crush Coconut, Cumin seed, Chilly Powder, Pepper Powder and Garlic.
- Add the Coconut Mix to the cooked Beans and mix well.
- Add Curry leaves and Coconut Oil and stir for a minute and remove from fire.