Mutta kurma is a thick gravy curry using Egg which can be served with any breakfast item.
- Eggs - 4 nos
- Sliced Onion - 1 nos
- Sliced Tomato - 1 nos
- Garlic(chopped) -2 ½ tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) -2 ½ tbsp
- Green chilly(Slit) - 6 nos
- Cashewnut - 6 nos
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Red Chilly Powder - 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder- 2½ tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Cloves - 2 nos
- Fennelseed (perinjeerakam) - ½ tsp;
- Pepper - ½ tsp
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Mustard seed - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Boil eggs, break the shell, slit it and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and fry cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, fennelseed and pepper.
- Add cashewnut and fry for a minute.
- Add onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic and saute well, till they turn transparent.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder, saute till raw smell goes.
- Add tomato into it and cook till it becomes soft.
- Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Grind the mixture into a fine paste.
- Heat a pan and add remaining oil.
- Add mustard seed and let it splutter.
- Add masala paste, turmeric powder and salt into it
- In a medium heat cook the masala for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs and coconut milk and allow to boil for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and remove from the fire and serve.
This looks great!!!ReplyDelete
Mutta kurma looks yummy and delicious...Following uuuu dear..ReplyDelete
U have all my favorite recipes here.I am gonna follow ur blog!Great job!ReplyDelete
That curry is too tempting!! I love Eggs and I like to try diff varieties of Egg curry.. So this one is going straight into my bookmarks!! :)ReplyDelete