Jalebi is a sweet and crisp snack prepared using uraad daal and sugar syrup. It is liked by everyone irrespective of their ages.
- Urad Daal - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Food color (red and yellow) - 4 -5 drops
- Oil for frying
- Soak Urad daal for 30 minutes.
- Grind Daal very well with little water to make a thick batter.
- Dissolve Sugar in water.
- Boil this syrup in a vessel, stirring constantly.
- When the syrup is sticky (test by touching with thumb and index finger), turn off the stove and keep the syrup aside.
- Add the food color when the syrup is warm.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take a Ziplock bag make a hole in it.
- Put the batter in the bag and squeeze it into the hot oil in the shape of Jalebi.
- Fry both sides till light golden colour.
- Put it into the warm syrup and soak it for a minute.
- Take out from the syrup and serve.