Anchovies or Netholi or Chooda is a small fish rich in calcium.
It can be used to make Meen Peera or can be fried to make it a delicious side dish for rice.
Chooda Pattichathu is a dry dish containing lot of grated cocconut and shallot with fish. It is prepared similar to any Thoran.
- Netholi/Chooda – 1½ cup
- Shallots/pearlonion – 10 nos
- Green Chilly - 6 nos
- finely chopped Ginger- ½ tsp
- finely chopped Garlic- ½ tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Corriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder -a pinch
- Kudampuli - 2-3 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 stem
- Soak kudampuli in water.
- Slice Green Chilly and Pearl Onion.
- Cook the fish along with Salt, kudampuli and Turmeric Powder in little water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook .
- Mix the Grated coconut, Chilly Powder, Corriander Powder, sliced green chilly and pearl onion.
- Squeeze this mixture very well with hand.
- When the fish is cooked well,add this coconut mix and mix well.
- Add Fenugreek powder, Curry leaves and Coconut Oil and mix well.
- Remove from fire till water in the fish fully dries up like a thoran.