Parippu / Moong Daal Curry is a popular item in the traditional Kerala Sadya.
It goes in combination with Rice, Papadam and Ghee. This dish is very rich in protein and is good for growing children.
- Split Moong dal/Cherupayar parippu - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder -¼ tsp
- Grated coconut -1 cup
- Garlic -1 nos
- Cumin seed -¼ tsp
- Coconut Oil- 1tbsp
- Curry leaves-a few
- Salt to taste
- Roast Moong Daal till the raw smell goes.
- Cook Moong Dal with Water and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistle.
- Grind Coconut, Garlic and Cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked Parippu/ Moong dal along with little water and salt.
- Allow to boil.
- When it starts boil,turn off the stove and add Coconut Oil and Curry leaves.