- Fish - Pomfret or Pompano – 500gm or 1 lb
- Sliced Shallots – 6 nos or (2 tbsp sliced onion)
- Green Chilly(Slit) -4 nos
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
- Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
- Kudam Puli(fish tamarind)- 4nos
- Corriander powder – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek Powder -a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil – 3 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add shallots / onions, chilly, chopped ginger- garlic and saute until the onion turns transparent.
- Add chili powder and coriander powder and sauté for a minute.
- Add fish tamarind (kudampuli), turmeric powder, salt and little water, let it to boil.
- When the gravy gets thick, add the cleaned fish .
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, remove from fire.
- Add fenugreek powder, curry leaves and remaining coconut oil.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with Rice, Chappathi, Bread, Kappa / Chakka Puzhukku
Your blog has caught our attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us on Recipes.in so that we could link to your blog.
Recipes.in is a search engine that compiles the best Indian cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. We are one of the largest in the world with sites in 37 markets and several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.
To join Recipes.in, just go to recipes.in/add-your-food-blog